Molise truffle hunting is a 360-degree trip into the world of truffe with the aim of spreading as much as possible the culture of truffle.
The programme includes:
- an excursion through molisian forests together with dogs too much skilled in truffle hunting, in order to le tour clients discover all the secret sto become good truffle hunters.
- A visit to the Di Iorio Company, famous for the high quality of its fresh truffles and truffle-based products, leader in the artisanal manufacture of molisian truffles. A great opportunity to taste all these precious products together with excellent molisian wines.
- At the end of the trip, a lunch or a dinner to try different recipes based on the fresh truffle hunted during the excursion. A brief cooking class to suggest the best combination of truffle-based first courses and second plates.
During the excursion we suggest to dress properly and choose sensible shoes in order to walk on easy pathways in open country.
Useful details and information for your guided tours:
• Duration of the visit: about 3 hours.
• Time: according to client’s choice.
• Suggested clothing: comfortable shoes, sportswear or clothes suitable for a brief excursion in open country.
• Details:guided tour with a direct experience of truffle hunting, with the possibility of following dogs during their accurate research.
• Some characters of this experience: GILDA, CICCIO, TRIFORA, GESSICA, KIRA
We offer 3 different types of programmes according to the client’s need
PROGRAMME 1: Truffle hunting
After the arrival into the farm clients will be asked to reach the area of the excursion with their own cars. After the guided tour a truffle-based lunch will be offered.
Duration: about 2-3 hours Price: 25,00 euro per person
PROGRAMME 2 : From the forest to the table
Welcome aperitive at the arrival into the farm with Di Iorio truffle-based products. Guided tour into the cultivated truffle-grounds behind the farm and lesson about truffle growing (in the period of white truffle growth it will be possible to visit Di Iorio estates, too).
Clients will be asked to reach the area of the excursion with their own cars. A lunch or dinner into a typical agritourism based on truffles collected during the excursion will be offered.
Duration: about 4 hours Price: 65 euro per person
PROGRAMME 3 : All about truffles
Welcome aperitive at the arrival into the farm with Di Iorio truffle-based products. Guided tour into the cultivated truffle-grounds behind the farm.
Clients will be asked to reach the area of the excursion with their own cars. A lunch or dinner into a typical agritourism based on truffles collected during the excursion will be offered. After lunch a lesson about truffle biology, history so as about the classification of the different truffle species, best tricks to become a good truffle hunter, main canine breeds suitable for truffle research.
In the middle of October and at the end of March it is also possible to visit the Di Iorio Estates where Di Iorio white truffle grows.
Duration: about 7 hours Price: 130,00 euro per person
Additional visits organized by the PRO LOCO of BUSSO (CB) are available on client’s demand:
historical ciity centre of Busso – Vairano Mountain (Samnite city) – Monforte Castle (Campobasso city).